Wednesday, September 19, 2007

So its fall

And it feels good to be back at school with all the friends and stuff.

Finally got the cow back up here and resurrected. She road nicely this evening. Maybe a few twinks and she will be great. I was surprised at my fitness, I expected to be much better than I felt... oh well.

I did the NW passage tonight it was pretty sweet with some wind. Wednesdays are gonna suck for riding. I have lab till five and the sun is setting at 7ish. So the plan from here on out might be to try and get two workouts on the bike that day. One before lunch and one after lab... should be interesting.

other than all that my weight is going fine. I look pretty good, I am only weighing myself once every two weeks... sort of a mental thing. I can see where the mountain biking is improving my riding and I need to keep doing at least one ride a week on it till there is too much snow.... oh well.

Hopefully the cow will make it through one more winter and survive to be a relic.



ON ANOTHER NOTE>

I have been taking a class this semester title the Lit. of the Poles. It is right up my alley with all my interest in the arctic and its riches. I am finding myself researching a lot about global warming. First- why do we always see research about people trying to still prove global warming when there is no one trying to do anything about it. Sure we have the Koyto shit but CO2 emitions reached a peak in the 80's that could never be undone. At this point the permafrost is melting at such a rate that at least 100 billion cubic feet of methane and CO2 will be released from it. The ice in Alaska and Siberia is a ticking time bomb right now and we are cutting the fuse to speed it up.... why not at least brain storm ideas on how to stop or slow the warming of the eaths waters.


1. Some way to disaffect the aourlobe (sp) affect that the polar ice does. We need to reflect the suns heat off of the waters. I was thinging retractable sailcloth with reflective paint.... something... we sit on our fingers and act like there is only one way.

2. We could dump salt into the polar regions to keep the gulf stream steady. At this point in the next 50 years it wont be there...

3. Listen...

enough of a rant I know there are enough stupid jackasses that refuse to believe in global warming and they can suck it. go to msnbc.com and watch the greenland meltdown. It will make you piss your pants...

later

No comments: