Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Who needs tan lines?



My new standard... no longer do cyclist have weird tan lines... we also have weird mud lines... Today felt like we were racing in Northern France or Belgium.... same difference... just better roads here.


My face right before I clean the dirt out of my right eye. And my face when realizing I had to buy some good glasses... FUN!


My face when I found out that Tom Boonen's sun glasses were fairly cheap and very nice... so yes I will sporting the world champion sunglasses... ;)

Anyways, two hours in the grime. Brandon and I went and did two time trial intervals. The first one I pretty much stayed with him, but I got a weird saddle sore that made me numb in one side of my groin. So I sat up some and Brandon kicked it up some. I kept my heart rate up but it was just kind of strange. He slowed down for a break and we got into some nice rollers and started the second interval... and for those of you who dont know me, I am a heavy man full of crap... so he started the second interval and promptly dropped my ass on the first steep climb. So I contented myself to conserve myself on the climbs and try and ride hard on the descents. One problem the descents were not as steep as the climbs, and the road had turned so we no longer had a nice tail wind. It was kind of frustrating in that my big ass got blown around, but it made for a nice training ride. I need to get some more base in before I do really hard intervals. I dont think I have enough endurance/weight lost. But will see. I may just end up riding into shape.

No comments: